Stackry is very closely monitoring the ongoing developments of the COVID-19 outbreak. Currently, we have no plans to close down our operation or facility and are taking great measures to ensure the cleanliness and safety of our workplace and workforce. The health and safety of our team are of utmost importance and we hope that the measures that we are taking will allow us to remain open and functioning through this worldwide pandemic. If anything changes, we will notify our clients both on www.stackry.com and through email communication.
How long does the Corona Virus survive on surfaces?
The virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces, according to a new study from National Institutes of Health, CDC, UCLA and Princeton University scientists in The New England Journal of Medicine. The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel (National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases).
What measures is Stackry taking to ensure the safety and health of their employees and my packages?
- Every employee has hand sanitizer available to them at their workstations
- Gloves, Clorox wipes, and facemasks are available for everyone to use and are centrally located at stations in the warehouse and office.
- We are wiping down shared surfaces every two hours. This includes the carts and the phones which are shared by all.
- The cleaners, who previously came two days per week, are now coming daily and focusing mainly on high touch surfaces in the break room, bathrooms, and office.
- We are doing our best to practice proper social distancing measures which include:
- moving people around to ensure that each workstation being used is 6 feet or more from their closest neighbor.
- All breaks are taken individually – only one person is allowed to break in the breakroom at a time
- Warehouse employees have been split into two shifts to help limit interaction and thus spread of illness should it occur.
Where can I find information about Stackry’s shipping partners and any delays or service disruptions that they are experiencing due to COVID-19?
Where can I learn more about what Stackry’s partners are doing in light of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- FedEx COVID-19 Updates
- DHL COVID-19 Updates
- UPS COVID-19 Updates
- USPS COVID-19 Updates
- Aramex COVID-19 Updates
- World Health Organization Q&A on COVID-19
What can I do to keep myself and my family safe?
- Social Distancing
- Keep at least 1m (3ft) away from each other
- Avoid physical contact (i.e., handshaking, hugging)
- Consider if face-to-face meetings can be replaced by a teleconference or online event
- Hygienic Etiquette
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects people frequently touch
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap & water (>20s.)
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing (tissue or your flexed elbow)
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose or mouth) with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, sneezing or coughing
- Stay at home when you are sick, and when recommended by authorities