Christmas is the biggest holiday of the year. It has strong religious and traditional meaning. Christmas has a certain feeling which you can’t experience any other time of the year - it creates the sense of kindness and family belonging.
This holiday celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ. It is the most important holiday in the life of every Christian. It is celebrated every year on the 25th December, according to the Julian calendar. Nearly a third of planet celebrates Christmas. Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas on January the 7th.
The beauty of this holiday lies in a traditional Christmas table and the unity of families. It is all about decorations, music and carols, traditional cuisine, gift giving, commemorative stamps and lots of other details which makes this holiday unique. It is usually the time of the year when we summarize our ups and downs, trying to make it better in the following year.
Christmas Day is celebrated as a major festival and public holiday in many countries around the world, including those populations who are mostly non-Christian, like Japan. In Japan, Christmas is popular despite the fact that there is only a small number of Christians. They have adopted many of the secular aspects of Christmas, such as gift-giving, decorations and Christmas trees.
We’ve found couple of interesting facts about Christmas we want to share with you. Let’s see some of them:
• The first state that recognized Christmas as an official holiday was Alabama, in 1836;
• If you listen to the song “Twelve Days of Christmas” and count the number of gifts in the song, you’ll find that gifts were exchanged 364 times! The gifts are exchanged every day of the year;
• According to an old lady tale, if you bake bread on the Christmas Eve it will be fresh forever ;
• In Ukraine, if you find a spider web in the house on Christmas morning, it is believed to be a harbinger of good luck;
• Many European countries believed that spirits, both good and evil, were active during the Twelve Days of Christmas;
• Christmas trees usually grow for about 15 years before they are sold;
• Most of Santa’s reindeer have male-sounding names, such as Blitzer, Comet, and Cupid;
• According to data analyzed from Facebook posts, two weeks before Christmas is one of the two most popular times for couples to break up;
• Santa Claus is based on a real person, St. Nikolas of Myra. He has lived during the fourth century;
• The traditional three colors of Christmas are green - a symbol of life and rebirth, red - symbolizes the blood of Christ and gold - represents light as well as wealth and royalty.
Our greatest pleasure would be if under your Christmas tree are presents that we delivered to you. For the past few weeks we’ve tried to be part of your celebration by giving you advices and offering holiday discounts to save your money. In the past years, we’ve taken care of your packages with love and devotion and next year we will continue the tradition.
Stackry team wishes you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!