International Women’s Day is coming up this Friday, March 8th. The past 12 months have been quite a year for women, with women’s’ struggles and rights being at the forefront of many peoples’ minds. Women from across the globe have come together in solidarity to show support for one another. If you’re unfamiliar with this exciting holiday, Stackry is here to fill you in!
Also, if you’re looking to show the woman in your life how much she means to you, we’ve brought together some great deals that are happening right now. Surprise your wife, daughter, or sister with a gift this International Women’s Day to show that you support her every step of the way!
Let’s take a look at what International Women’s Day is all about, as well as how you can celebrate it:
What is International Women’s Day?
International Women’s Day is a celebration that takes place across the globe and highlights the cultural, political, social, and economic achievements of women. This celebration also acts as a call to action with many events, large and small, being organized with a focus on women’s equality.
How is International Women’s Day Celebrated?
International Women’s Day is celebrated in a unique fashion; unlike other holidays, no decorating is required! Over the course of International Women’s Day, many panel discussions, networking events, performances, rallies, and seminars are set to take place. On the Women’s Day website, there are many downloadable resources available for both parents and teachers. These materials include fact sheets and activity booklets, as well as a list of recommended reading materials for all age groups.
What is the History of International Women’s Day?
International Women’s Day began back in February of 1909, when over 15,000 women took to the streets of New York, making demands for voting rights, shorter work hours, and better pay. In the following decades, International Women’s Day was celebrated mainly by communist countries and socialist groups. Since 1975, International Women’s Year, the United Nations has designated March 8th as International Women’s Day.
International Women’s Day Deals
For the amazing woman in your life, there’s no better way to show your support then to gift her something thoughtful and unique! This year, there are many great deals on items she’ll truly love. To help you make this International Women’s Day a celebration she wont soon forget, we’ve brought together some of the best deals happening this week:
For International Women’s Day 2019, consider gifting the woman in your life some stylish new clothes. To set you off on the right track, we’ve brought together a few stellar deals for your consideration! Whether you’re looking for a stylish new top, or a unique and comfortable pair of socks, the deals are out there just waiting to be discovered:
- Consider this Caslon® Peplum Tee from Nordstrom as an excellent International Women’s Day gift! Currently marked down 40%, bringing the price down to only $23.40, this tee shirt is an unbeatable bargain. And with in 8 bold, beautiful colors, this shirt is sure to please the amazing woman in your life, regardless of her taste in fashion!
- For another great gift idea for your special woman, consider this Gibson x Living in Yellow Diana Cozy Knit Wrap Top, also from Nordstrom. At only $36.18, which is down 33% from retail, this top is an excellent option to show your women you appreciate her this International Women’s Day!
- For the young lady in your life, this Women’s 3/4 Sleeve Hamsa Hand Raglan Graphic T-Shirt – Zoe+Liv (Juniors’) Gray is a great gift idea. Offered up currently at Target at an astounding 55% discount, this shirt is only $7.64. A real steal!
- Everyone loves a nice pair of socks, and what better gift for this year’s International Women’s Day! The Women’s Casual 3pk Socks – A New Day™ is currently only $5.70 from Target, marked down 5%! Coming in a wide variety of colors and patterns, these socks will ensure your favorite woman is looking and feeling good every day!
If clothing isn’t on your shopping list this International Women’s Day, there are plenty of great makeup deals to take advantage of instead! With the help of Stackry, you’ll be able to enjoy some of the best prices available for this very special holiday. Consider some of these great options for a gift she wont soon forget:
- At only $21 currently from Nordstrom, this Laura Geller Beauty Supersize Gilded Honey Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator (Nordstrom Exclusive) is priced at a 40% discount! This hand-finished baked illuminator is made by Italian artisans, and is guaranteed to wow the woman in your life! At this price, you can’t go wrong!
- For another great gift idea, consider the Jouer Making Magic Eye Palette. Currently priced at $36, a 30% discount, this palette is another great gift idea from Nordstrom! It features 12 different eye shadows for her to use in order to make a unique, head-turning look.
- The Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Washable Mascara from Target is a great, affordable gift idea for your special woman. Currently, when you buy this mascara from Target, in addition to other Mabelline products totaling $15 or more, you also get a free sleep mask! With the option to mix and match, you’re bound to put together a great gift that the amazing woman in your life will love.
- Finally, the bareMinerals® Stardust Deluxe Original Mineral Veil® Setting Powder (Limited Edition) from Nordstrom is currently going for only $30! At a 25% price reduction, this setting powder is a great International Women’s Day gift idea that wont break the bank!
Celebrate International Woman’s Day with Stackry
Help start off this International Women’s Day on the right foot with some of these great gift ideas! You really can’t go wrong with any of these great deals, and by choosing Stackry for your reshipping service, you’ll be sure your purchases make it to your door safe and sound. With our help, you’re sure to have the best International Women’s Day ever!