When it comes to New Year’s resolutions, usually the first one people make is to be “healthier.” However, that usually entails extreme dieting and miserable, boring workouts, which then result in giving up on said resolution only to try again the following year. Well, say goodbye to that self-defeating cycle because we’ve put together a list of seven health and fitness trends that will lead to lasting health and happiness.
1. Low-cost online streaming workouts. It seems like virtually anything is available online these days, and to be honest, it pretty much is – which is lucky for you! More workouts are being offered online than ever before. Whether they are live or pre-recorded, Tabata style or aerobic, and so on, there’s something for everyone. Websites such as FitnessBlender, Shape, and CrunchLive offer a combination of free and paid workouts that you can do in the comfort of your own home; while apps such as NikeTrainingClub, Sweat: Kayla Itsines Fitness, and Aaptiv can be used just the same.
2. Wearable technology in workout classes. While the FitBit and Apple Watch will always have a place in the world of fitness due to their activity tracking capabilities, more fitness gyms and franchises are utilizing their own activity tracking technologies. Why? It allows class members to see their real-time performance and adjust accordingly. Plus, it creates some friendly competition between members, which is great every now and then. However, if you’re still interested in purchasing your own wearable tracking device, take a look at the different types FitBit has to offer or glance over the third series of the Apple Watch.
3. An emphasis on strength training. While cardio is great, studies have shown that too much of it can actually be counter effective, which is why many health and fitness experts recommend incorporating strength training sessions three to five times per week. If you’re looking to “tone up,” the answer is actually not cardio – it is strength training. So, don’t be afraid to pick up some weights, like this set of dumbbells from Amazon. If you want something more out of the box, give TRX Training a try – this suspension trainer challenges you to perform various exercises using just your bodyweight.
4. Slow down with yoga. Yoga has been gaining in popularity over the last few years, and now there are a few different types you can try out – hot yoga, power yoga, and even acrobatic yoga. The purpose of each, though, is to slow down, be more in touch with your body and breath, and just practice a gentler form of movement. Get started with this dry grip yoga mat from Gaiam and these high-waisted Lulu Lemon yoga pants.
5. Punch it out. Ever feel the need to punch something (or someone) after something upsets you? Us too – we’ve all been there. Luckily, boxing is a huge trend taking over the fitness world and it’s just the outlet you need to get all your frustrations and stress out. You’ll leave red-faced, super sweaty, and completely energized after bobbing, weaving, and throwing one-two punches. Check out this pair of boxing gloves that’ll help get you going.
6. Athleisure is everything. While it’s one thing to look great during your workout, afterwards is just as, if not even more, important. Outdoor Voices offers a variety of fun colored leggings, sports bras, tank tops, and more. Meanwhile, Fabletics has a bunch of patterned and printed pieces that will be sure to impress. And finally, Sweaty Betty has everything from jackets, knits, and headwear.
7. Gotta have sneakers. We all know that shoes complete any outfit, and the same is true for any workout. Depending on what type of workout you’re doing determines what kind of sneaker you may need. For guys, GQ recommends exactly what type of shoe is best for each workout, while The Daily Burn outlines each shoe style for the ladies.
As you can see, 2018 is shaping up to be filled with lots of exciting health and fitness trends. Do some looking around, shop a few sales, and use Stackry to get your goods delivered from the US right to your door so you can start sweating. And don’t forget to plan ahead and be ready to ship your deals overseas with Stackry – use this handy shipping calculator to make it easy!
Give 10 Get $10: Stackry offers an easy way for customers to save money on international package shipping. Refer-a-friend to Stackry and they will receive $10 off their first international shipment. But they aren’t the only ones who luck out! After your friend ships with Stackry, we will automatically add $10 to your account too! Login and start shipping today
Not a member? Sign up for a FREE account today here!